NASA astronaut from ISS on Twitter- more than 330 kilometer above North America:
Scott Kelly [email protected]
Day 302. #Blizzard2016 gave us an impressive view below. Stay warm!
#GoodNight from @space_station!
The facts on the ground, east coast United States of America:
- Millions of people in the US eastern side are covered by a thick blanket of snow. It has paralysed transport, as well in the capital and NYC.
- As householders dug themselves out of drifts up to 40in (102cm) deep, the hazards of shovelling snow were brought home by at least six deaths.
- 12 people have died in other snow-related incidents since Friday.
- The storm, dubbed Snowmageddon and Snowzilla on social media, is lessening and heading for the Atlantic Ocean.
- It has affected some 85 million people, cutting power to 200,000 people.
- Some 7,000 flights were cancelled this weekend and with at least 615 cancelled for Monday.
See more reports from ISS on Globalo: