In an interview with cnn U.S. Vice President Joe Biden told the Americans his ideas about candidate Donald Trump:
- ‘He’s not a bad man, but his ignorance is so profound’
- “I bet he couldn’t carry his bag 18 holes in one of his own golf courses, speaking of energy.”
- “Can you imagine the President getting up at 3:30 in the morning and tweeting vitriol?”
- Biden said paying taxes is “about making sure you did your part for the country.”
- “Since when does somebody who lives at the top in the world, in a penthouse overlooking the world, be in a position that he doesn’t feel any obligation at all to pay any federal income tax to support the military, to support education, to support our foreign policy?”
- “Since when is that a patriotic thing to do? Can you imagine any other president, any other president, just ever say that and be proud of that? I can’t fathom it.”
- “What he’s proposing in the tax cut would lock in all of those special interests from real estate folks and cut their taxes even more,” Biden said. “This is all about Trump. This is all about Trump.”
- “What’s that say about all the people here? Are they all suckers for paying their taxes, because they can’t hire a tax lawyer, because they couldn’t make significant contributions to try to change the law to benefit themselves? Come on, man. That’s just not right.”
- Trump said of veterans suffering that if “you’re strong and you can handle it but a lot of people can’t handle it.” Biden now invited Trump “to the battlefield” with him in Afghanistan and Iraq so that Trump could experience what the “these kids are going through” and the “sacrifices they’re making.”
- “How can (Trump) be so out of touch and ask to lead this country?” He asked.
Photo: White House gov.