Another crack in the GOP nomination tour of Donald Trump.
- He lost Utah to Ted Cruz (50%). The mormon state voted Trump out due to his personal style. 2012 GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney from this state pushed a no-Trump-vote. Cruz slows Trump’s march to hit the magic victory-level of 1,237 GOP delegates.
- But Trump won in Arizona.
- He now has 739 delegates, Cruz 425 and John Kasich 143.
- Hillary Clinton could keep the 75 delegates in Arizona, but lost in the Idaho caucuses (23) and in Utah (33) to Bernie Sanders.
- Now the former Secretary of States counts 1,681 delegates to Sanders’ 925.
- She needs 2,383 for the nomination.