This past week was undoubtedly the worst for the Trump campaign.
Every once in a while, we all have a bad week, where nothing seems to go right, and it feels like the universe is stacked against you. That was this week for Trump.
In just one week
- Trump had to defend his campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, for assaulting a reporter. Her testimony said she was “jolted backwards”, and that “campaign managers aren’t supposed to try to forcefully throw reporters to the ground”. First, his campaign denied it, and then after a video of the incident, they attacked her testimony as being greatly exaggerated. After calls from other candidates to fire his campaign manager, he defended his manager and refused to fire him. His campaign manager was arrested and charged with “simple battery”.
- He said on air that he was in favor of “some kind of punishment” for the women who get abortions. Immediately Hillary Clinton attacked him for this position, and every candidate tried to distance themselves from him.
- Trump engaged in a twitter fight with Ted Cruz over their wives. He tweeted a photo of his wife and Cruz’s wife saying basically that his wife is prettier than Cruz’s wife. He defended himself in a town hall saying “I thought it was a nice picture of Heidi”, later saying “I didn’t start it”.
- He was destroyed on air by Anderson Cooper when referring to the wife photo issues, Trump said”he[Cruz] started it” Anderson Cooper replied “that’s the argument of a five year old”.
- Trump refused to support the eventual nominee, going back on a pledge he made earlier in the campaign, and he said “I have been treated very unfairly”. Later in the week, he met with Republican party leadership, and party unity was discussed.
Wow. What a week for Donald Trump. He faced a lot of controversy, and his support seems to be waning. Polls put Ted Cruz as the front runner for Wisconsin, and eyes are on Donald Trump, to see if he can stop shooting himself in the foot.