President Barack Obama’s eldest daughter Sasha Obama has taken on a summer job.
- She is working at a seafood restaurant in Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts.
- The restaurant, Nancy’s, is a favorite of the Obama family when they visit the area during summers, and they are reportedly friends with the owner.
- She is giving up the comfortable White House life to work behind the counter serving take-out to tourists and running the register. She also waits tables and helps get the restaurant ready for the lunch shift.
— Boston Herald (@bostonherald) August 3, 2016
At age 15 she is already making an effort to live a somewhat normal life.
- Her mother, First Lady Michelle Obama, makes it a priority to raise her daughters to be as normal as she can.
- She wears the blue shirt and cap uniform just like all the other employees, and uses her full first name Natasha at work.
- Six Secret Service agents accompany her to work everyday, and hang around on the benches nearby and in a car in case of emergency.
- One of her coworkers commented to the Herald, “She’s been working downstairs at takeout. We were wondering why there were six people helping this girl, but then we found out who it was.”
— New York Post (@nypost) August 4, 2016