Pope Francis has become the most popular world, according to a recently poll by WIN/Gallup.
This was found out in interviews with 1,000 people from 64 countries:
- Franciscus is +41 ahead of U.S. President Barack Obama and + 30 on German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- He transcends his own Roman catholic preaching into a positive image globally.
- Pope Francis enjoys enormous goodwill and won the hearts and minds of many people during his three years of papacy.
- Portugal (with 94 % favorable) and the Philippines (93%) like him most.
- The lowest rating are in the three Muslim countries Tunisia, Turkey and Algeria.
- Roman Catholics (no wonder), but as well Jews have the most favorable opinion.
You now even can follow Pope Francis from Rome on Instagram.