Trump must be a really happy guy.
He becomes POTUS with the thinnest margin in American history.
- Hillary Clinton received 2.5 million more votes than Trump.
- But Trump got more electoral college votes having won more states.
- Trump won 18 states by fewer than 250,000 votes; Clinton, 13.
- The three deciding states were Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
- Trump won those states by 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points or by just 10,704, 46,765 and 22,177 votes.
- This adds up to just 79.646 more votes for Donald Trump.
- These three states with 46 electoral votes made him the next U.S. president.
- Now Trump has 306 and Clinton just 232 electoral votes. If Hillary Clinton would have won these three deciding states she would have gained 278 votes, and Trump down to just 260.
- The published last-day polls were all wrong, like in the latest estimation in the New York Times from November 8th, 2016. Most expected Clinton to win in Michigan with plus 7, Wisconsin plus 6 and Pennsylvania plus 5 points.