The brutal Syrian air force has now attacked even a marked Red Crescant convoy near Aleppo, killing 12 aid workers.
A new war crime in Syria.
The Syrian air force, supported by Russia, hits its moral low.
The UN stops its trucks to support the civilians for now- a victory for the devil.
What has happened?
- The convoy of aid trucks has been hit by an air strike near the Syrian city of Aleppo, hours after the military declared the current cessation of violence was over.
- 18 of 31 trucks were hit by five missiles near the town of Urum al-Kubra, where 78,000 people need help.
- The director of a Syrian Arab Red Crescent branch in Urum al-Kubra, Omar Barakat, was among those killed in an attack.
- UN Special Envoy for Syria, Staffan de Mistura, said it was an “outrage”. “The convoy was the outcome of a long process of permission and preparations to assist isolated civilians,” he said.
- The Syrian Red Crescent said the convoy had been making a routine delivery from Aleppo to rural rebel-held areas.
- The UN now stopped the aid trucks.
Watch here the GLOBALO movie about the children of Aleppo, shown last month in the UN headquarters in New York.