In what is starting to feel almost normal, there has been another mass shooting in the United States.
Pulse nightclub, a gay hotspot in Orlando was the location of the worst mass shooting in US history. The death toll sits at 49, with 53 more injured.
Could have Trump ‘prevented’ this as US President?
He pretends to the public he would, even taking ‘congratulations’ for being so smart…
Here are the 4 facts:
- Yes, if he supports a ban on assault weapons used by the terrorist- like Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama demand since long- but Trump promotes the opposite at the NRA meeting: assault weapons for everybody in the United States, even mental ill people and radical Muslim killers like the man from Orlando! No limits for any weapon. This is perversion! First no.
- No, his proposed ban on Muslims entering the US, could not prevent the killing of 49 in Orlando. The attacker was born in the United States and no foreigner! He was American!
- No, his anti-Muslim policy would produce more and more hate and more and more terrorists in America- making America weak, not strong. So there will be maybe 100times more Muslim killers killing innocent Americans under a president Trump. Therefore ISIS loves him to win.
- No, he has no clever plan to contain and defeat ISIS outside America- just bubbles.
So the answer : 4 NO’s! Trump as president could not prevent this to happen (again), but even increase the risks of terror attacks with more weapons and more hate in America.
It appears that the FBI made too many mistakes. It was pure mismanagement by the security forces in charge.
The FBI had the shooter, Omar Mateen, a 29 year old American of Afghan descent, engaged in multiple interviews. The first was after some comments he made to a co-worker, and the second time was because of his connection to a man who went to Syria and committed a suicide attack, the first American to do so. This individual, Moner Abusalha, had posted a video calling for the deaths of homosexuals. Both times, the FBI deemed the results of the interviews “inconclusive” and closed the investigation.
The FBI apparently failed to connect Omar with his father, Seddique Mateen, who is a presenter who has expressed views in support of the Afghan Taliban.
Despite being under investigation by the FBI, Omar Mateen had two firearms licenses, and was an armed security guard, meaning that his weapons were purchased legally.
Mateen’s personal history has begun to come out, with his ex-wife saying that he was very aggressive. He beat her regularly. “When he would get in his tempers, he would express hate toward everything. He was mentally unstable and mentally ill: that’s the only explanation that I could give,” she said.
Additionally, reports have surfaced that Mateen was a regular at Pulse, the gay nightclub that he committed the attack in, coming on a regular basis for three years. Whether this was for surveillance or personal is unknown at this time. People have even come forward, having seen him on gay dating apps as well. When asked, his ex-wife could not confirm that she was certain he was straight, but his father has said that he does not believe that his son was gay.
The facts of the horrible attack are as follows:
- Mateen carried an assault rifle and a pistol into Pulse, a gay Orlando nightclub at roughly 2AM Saturday night.
- Mateen called 911 at the time of the attack and pledged allegiance to ISIS.
- The gunman open fired and killed 50 people, wounding at least 53 more, in the deadliest terrorist attack in the United States since 9/11.
- After a 3 hour standoff, police breached the building and shot and killed Omar Mateen.
- The FBI has confirmed that Mateen was interviewed twice, however the results were “inconclusive”, and the investigation was ended.
However, there was a potential future leader who was anything but respectful. Donald Trump was extremely disrespectful in his cavalier response to the shootings with his comments on Twitter. At this point, is anyone surprised? He is a candidate who has run on the platform that things have become too “PC”, and you can’t speak your mind anymore. Even so, there is a generally accepted degree of decency that all people must abide by, and once again, Trump falls below that standard.
These sort of comments highlight exactly what people fear about Trump, and that he does not have the restraint required or the public demeanor to be in the Oval Office.
People have died. Right now is a time for mourning. It is a time to stand together and to unite as a nation. It is NOT the time to score some cheap political points and brag about the fact that you were “right”.
In fact, Mr Trump, you weren’t even totally right. Trump has famously proposed banning Muslims from entering the United States, however this attacker was AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. Trumps insane immigration policies would not even apply to this case, so why is he accepting congratulations? And while the world is focused on guns, Trump’s policy would not make us safer.
Mr Trump has also criticized the President, calling Obama to step down, saying “President Obama disgracefully refused to even say the words ‘Radical Islam…For that reason alone, he should step down. If Hillary Clinton, after this attack, still cannot say the two words ‘Radical Islam’ she should get out of this race for the Presidency.”
Meanwhile, other Republican leaders show greater class and decency:
President Obama made a statement saying that “this was an act of terror and an act of hate”. The president went on to say that “attacks on any American, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation is an attack on all of us”.
Support has been pouring in from all over the globe, from activists and leaders:
Translation: Let’s get together to fight against this barbarism. My condolences to the families of the victims, the President @BarackObama and the people of the United States.