The northern neighborhoods in east Aleppo have fallen to the Syrian army send by dictator Assad and lost by the Free Syrian Army and its allies (see map in pink and video with soldiers below).
For the Syrian army soldiers and the allies from Russia and Iran, the rebels are just “terrorists” to be eliminated, but the members of the Free Syrian Army are fighting against dictator Assad, see themselves as “freedom fighters”.
Purple Smurf spotted in Aleppo pic.twitter.com/kHpOu1htoi
— /Tweets From Aleppo\ (@halabtweets) 28. November 2016
Message from newly liberated Bustan Al Basha, Eastern Aleppo today (28/11/2016) pic.twitter.com/7dtoGB7NpW
— M Green (@MmaGreen) 28. November 2016
— Peto Lucem (@PetoLucem) 28. November 2016
- Rebels in Aleppo have lost 40 percent after nearly five months of siege.
- The Syrian army started a new operation to retake eastern Aleppo two weeks ago.
- They captured the areas called Sakhour, Haydariya and Sheikh Khodr.
- Kurdish forces took the Sheikh Fares district (map left side). Kurdish forces in Aleppo are not officially allied with the Bashar al-Assad’s government in Damascus, but cooperating with the government to recapture the city.
- The worst defeat for the rebells since 2012.
- Aleppo in the north is Syria’s second biggest city before the start of a civil war that has killed more than 250,000 people.
- More than 1,500 families have fled to the regime-controlled west of the city.
- 250,000 people remain under siege.This move cuts rebel-held East Aleppo into two areas.
- It is a victory of brutal dictator Assad, his Shite allies in Iran, Lebanon and Iraq, and Russia as main ally.
- It is a defeat of the international binding laws of conflict, as Assad and the Russians bombed hospitals and the civilians, illegal under UN law.
- It is a first severe defeat of the values of the West and the United Nations as well as for anti-Assad allies like Saudi Arabia, Qatar and other Sunni countries.
- It demonstrated the wrong policy of US president Obama and will be an open wound for Donald Trump.
— AleppoIsBurning (@aleppoisburning) 10. Mai 2016
— Al-Masdar News (@TheArabSource) 28. November 2016
— RT (@RT_com) 27. November 2016
Ten neighborhoods have fallen to the government, leaving only the northern part of the enclave under the rebels’ control.
— bida mehdi (@bida69) 12. November 2016
Our interview with this Aleppo resident was interrupted by a bombing near her location pic.twitter.com/cIigr8CWjH
— Sky News (@SkyNews) 28. November 2016
GLOBALO has promoted the establishment of “Safe-Hope-Zones” in an article by GLOBALO founder Dr Hubertus Hoffmann, former US Ambassador JD Bindenagel and German member of parliament Roderich Kiesewetter (CDU) already in February 2016 -but neither the American president nor the EU acted. Nice words, but no hard facts on the ground. Many conferences and speeches, but no real plans. Nice political talks, but empty and without substance.
GLOBALO is co-producer of the movie “Watani – My Homeland” with Marcel Mettelsiefen which tells the story of the family of the commander of the Free Syrian Army. The four kids and the widow left East Aleppo in 2015 after ISIS killed the father and came as refugees to Germany. This documentary is short-listed for the Oskars 2017.
GLOBALO has published a detailed 33 point strategy to defeat ISIS and bring peace to Syria in Iraq months ago which shows what the West should have done.
The new situation in Aleppo demonstrates again: we all need a more active, new foreign policy World 3.0 of hard and soft elements of peacemaking- something Globalo founder Dr Hubertus Hoffmann has promoted since 2012: ” With so many crisis at the same time and all over the globe, we need a fresh, creative, and well planned foreign policy World 3.0. It is based on a clever double strategy of power and reconciliation to win. Or we will loose again and again, and peace is in real danger in our global village.”