We all know by now that Donald Trump is very vocal about his opposition to Muslims in America, representing a growing fear and hatred in the heart of America.
Donald Trump made a speech in response to the Orlando attacks. He spoke for 30 minutes, but here are the highlights
- Started with a moment of silence for the victims of the attack
- This was an assault on free people to live freely
- We need to respond to this attack as a United people
- “The current ‘Politically Correct’ response cripples our ability to talk, and to think and to act clearly”
- He refused to say the name of the killer, to deny him the satisfaction
- The only reason the attacker was in the US was because we allowed him and his family into the country
- We have a dysfunctional immigration system
- “If elected, we will go from totally incompetent [immigration policy] to just the opposite”
- He want to impose a ban on Muslims until we can “properly and perfectly screen these people coming into our country”
- Suspend immigration from areas where there is a history of terrorism against the West.
- “Many of the principles of radical Islam are incompatible with Western values and institutions”
- 99% of Afghanis support oppressive Sharia Law
- Hillary supports what is wrong and what is going wrong with America
- Failing to say “Radical Islamic Terrorism” is failing to identify the enemy and that projects weakness across the globe
- Hillary plans to abolish the Second Amendment
- Meeting with NRA to plan how to defend the Second Amendment
- “I refuse to be Politically Correct”
- Called on Obama to release the full immigration history of those charged with terrorism inside the United States
- “Why don’t we have an effective screening process [for immigration]? We are being laughed at all over the world!”
- Who is a better friend to the LGBT community: Donald Trump with his actions, or Hillary Clinton with her words?
In my speech on protecting America I spoke about a temporary ban, which includes suspending immigration from nations tied to Islamic terror.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 13, 2016
Donald Trump is an expert at distracting people from the fact that he has nothing substantive to say for himself. pic.twitter.com/1ZHvalDS3R
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) June 15, 2016
Afterwards, President Obama went on camera and spoke about the tragedy.
- No evidence of connection to foreign terror groups, but the shooter was radicalized with Internet Propaganda
- Obama detailed our significant military presence, with over 13,000 air strikes, and ISIS is under more pressure than ever before, and we have taken out more than 120 ISIS leaders.
- ISIS funding has been cut significantly, and they have begun to have pay cuts
- He attacked the Republicans for not appointing Adam Szubin as Undersecretary of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence. This appointment would help take down ISIS finances, but the Republicans are blocking his appointment
- Ranks of ISIS fighters have reduced to lowest levels in 2 years
- People who are not allowed on a plane shouldn’t be allowed to buy a gun
- Reinstate the assault weapons ban
Obama is usually very reserved and poised, but later in his speech he really went off on Trump and the Republican Party. He spoke about this phrase “Radical Islam”. He said, that this is just a “political distraction” and it means nothing. “Calling a threat by a different name does not make it go away”.
“So someone seriously thinks that we don’t know who we’re fighting? If there is anyone out there who thinks we’re confused about who our enemies are, that would come as a surprise to the thousands of terrorists we’ve taken off the battlefield,” Obama passionately detailed in his speech.
Obama then struck directly at Trump saying, “They know full well who the enemy is. So do the intelligence and law enforcement officers who spend countless hours disrupting plots, and protecting all Americans, including politicians who tweet.”